Integrative Pain Management for the Well-Being of Your Pet
We believe there is no reason for a pet to suffer from pain when there are so many remedies available to alleviate the discomfort your pet may be feeling. Advances in pain management are happening all of the time, and we are committed to providing the best in pain management to our pet patients.
How Do I Know if My Pet Is in Pain?
If you notice any of the following symptoms, contact us right away to schedule an examination:
- Having trouble climbing stairs
- Refusing to leave bedding
- Growls or cowers when touched
- Change in activity level
- Reluctance to move (especially in cats)
Treating the Discomfort
The causes for pain can vary from hip dysplasia, dental disease, arthritis, cancer, internal disease, trauma, or recovery from surgery. Some of the treatments available to us today include:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)—Effective for arthritis
- Opiods (pain relievers like morphine)
- Physical rehabilitation
- Nutritional supplements
The symptoms of pain in cats are subtler than in dogs. If you are in doubt, please err on the side of caution and contact us. Your pet will be grateful for your help!