On-Site Pet Diagnostics for Fast & Accurate Results
Accurate diagnostics are vital to treat pets with medical conditions of all kinds, from fractures and tumors, to dental disease, cancer, and more. At Berkeley Veterinary Center, we are well equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and equipment to help us identify and remedy your pet's ailments.
Our facility has the following diagnostic capabilities:
- Digital radiography (X-rays)—High-resolution images make it easy to locate a foreign body inside a pet or diagnose a bone fracture.
- Digital dental radiography (X-rays)—High-resolution images make it easy to diagnosis common dental disease processes that occur until the gum line.
- Blood analysis—With our in-house laboratory, we are able to obtain blood results immediately for pets with critical conditions.
- EKG (electrocardiograms)
- Blood pressure evaluations
- Various eye testing such as Fluorescein staining, Schirmer Tear Test, and Tonometry, to evaluate ulcerations, tear production and eye pressures.
- Microscopic studies—Cytologic examinations of skin and ears are performed to identify bacterial, yeast, or mite infections.
In addition to our on-site diagnostics, we also work with a nearby certified laboratory that offers highly accurate, timely results for any blood work deemed necessary for your pet.
Finding out what is wrong with your pet is the first step in helping him or her feel better. Our veterinarians will make sure your pet is comfortable and calm during any testing we do. Once we have the results we consult with you on a plan to bring your pet back to good health in the best way possible.